The concept for this site was originally created by Jim Coffman, webmaster of
www.mfgboats.com. Thank you, Jim, for
supporting my efforts to continue what you started..
I wish to sincerely thank Fred Schroth for his contribution of pictures, brochures, specs, history, and most importantly, accuracy. Fred was there when these
boats were designed and manufactured. He test drove several of the boats, and can be seen at the helm of some of the formal photos in the brochures.
I wish to thank Gene Haugh for his willingness to always always answer
questions and to help other members who own Bandits.
And I wish to recognize Dr. Peter H. von Keyserling. Peter was one of
the original contributors to the site along with Jim. Peter runs a sailing
school. They have five Sidewinders and three Copperheads! Like Gene, Peter is
someone I can always ask for help when I need it, especially when it comes to
Sidewinders and Copperheads.
In addition, the following have contributed information to this website:
- Advertising pin, Sidewinder patch: Fred Schroth
- 1979 Brochure: Dave Schwartzburg
- 1973 Brochure, 1972 Price List, 1973 Receipt: Ted Sampanes
- Brochure, spec sheets, and great photos of a Ford 20: Greg Palm
- Bandit photos: John Korte and Clark Jones
- Bandit 15 Photos and information: C. Gene Haugh
- Bandit 15 Sailing and Rigging document: Mark Ordway
- Bandit 15 photos: Dan Zick
- Bandit 17 photo: Paul Kerrivan
- Bandit 17 rigging diagram, how to sail, and brochure: Doug Collier
- Cobra 23 information and photos: Brad Fisk, and Kirk Dobson
- Copperhead photos: Jerry Pennison
- Copperhead sail and spare dimensions diagram: Peter von Keyserling
- Copperhead rigging instructions: Steve Kudrick
- MFG 19 photos, logo, and information: Dick Henry
- MFG19 rigging instructions, product overview, and parts list: William
- Sidewinder centerboard diagram: Mark
- Sidewinder photos: Ron Barthold
- Sidewinder cat rig pictures: Ted Tatarzyn
- Sidewinder sail layout drawing: Dr. Peter von Keyserling
- Sidewinder rigging instructions: Robert Morgan
- Sidewinder pictures in the water thanks to scottshillsailor
- Sidewinder newsletters: Ken Walker
- Whip photos: Kevin Carter, Greg Lee, and Tom Gillard
Whip information: Greg Lee (scanned by Tom Gillard)
- Whistler pictures: Jan Gray, Charles Setnicky
- Registry section: Jim Coffman
- Teal 16 photos: Matt Chapman, Neil McKeeman
- Redhead photos: Rick Possee
- 1968 brochure, Shark brochure: Fred Schroth
- Dingo documentation and photos: Marty Smith
- Phoenix photo: Kelly Rein
- MFG Sailboat Brochure: Kelly Rein
- Design commentary: Fred Schroth
- Bandit 17 logo: Dave Lafever
- MFG 19 Purchase Order: Dale Wray
Finally, a million thanks to Niko Hofinger for making this site possible.
If you like the forum, it his his work that has made that possible.
If I have missed any names, I do sincerely apologize. I always want to give
credit where credit is due.
I welcome submissions of any kind. Please contact
me for information on how to contribute.